— Climate Emergency UK (@ClimateEmergUK) May 18, 2019
From County Councillor J. Watkins
Motion to Monmouthshire County Council to declare a Climate Emergency.
- That this council will ensure it will reduce its own carbon emissions to net zero before the Welsh Government target of 2030.
- That this council will develop a strategy and associated costed action plans to aim to deliver these targets as soon as practicable.
- That this council revise the Corporate plan, Well-being plan, Local development plans and other relevant plans and policies in support of above.
- Publicise this declaration of a climate emergency to residents and businesses in the county and encourage, support and enable them to take their own actions to reduce their carbon emissions in line with a 2030 target.
- Work with partners across the county and other councils and organisations to help develop and implement best practice methods in limiting global warming to less than 1.5 degrees C.