Give your council the authority to act!
Councils play an important role in many of the changes needed to tackle climate change. Join this session by Hope for the Future to hear about the Authority to Act project and how it can help you. The project aims to build power with and equip ordinary people to effectively engage their local council to take tangible action on climate change.
In this workshop Jeana Malhi (Local Councils Support Officer) and Laura D’Henin (North West Regional Coordinator) will explore techniques for effective council engagement including:
- How to research your local council and what to research
- Working with councils of different political make-ups
- Finding common ground with your council
- Choosing which issues to raise with your council
- Case Studies – previous stories of council engagement
We are on hand to help you take your local council from climate emergency to climate action! City, county and combined local councils are our most accessible form of democratically elected government. They have an important leadership role and are accountable to us. Let’s give them the Authority to Act.’
Click button for Live Event (require password issued on registration)